Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Miki-chan and Maki-Chan

Dear Readers,

The rain started around 1am.  It was a freezing rain.  There was lightning and much thunder.  An ice storm in the middle of the night that kept me awake for a few hours. In the morning, sleet was on the roads and tree branches covered with ice were falling.  Not a happy sight but I had to go to work.  The roads were ok and kiddo did go to school so it was not as bad as I thought.  The freezing rain will continue for a few more days apparently.   

The good thing is I am finally over my cold and the kids are doing slightly better.  After they went to sleep, I managed to stay up instead of crashing in bed in complete exhaustion like it was the case lately. 

I have been wanting to show you pretty new dolls I have been hiding in my cupboard for months.  They are named Miki-chan and Maki-chan and they are Licca's twin little sisters.  According to Licca's official website, Miki and Maki are 4 years old and were born on June 12.  Miki is a tomboy while Maki is a little spoiled.   Miki has wide open eyes while Maki has droopy eyes.

I got Miki-chan and Maki-chan from an Ebay seller in China.  They were cheap at only $8 a doll including shipping. 

The box was simple and easy to open.  

Notice their name is printed inside the box!

There were ties around their neck and feet.  It was easy to untie them.

I love the little tags/bags with their name on it!


I also bought two other dolls to be their friends: the brunette Aoi-chan and the blond boy Riku-kun.  I got them from an Ebay seller located in Japan.  They were slightly more expensive at $16 each including shipping. 


The back of the box has the same ties but no tape like Maki's and Miki's box.

Riku-kun is wearing a typical Japanese kindergarten uniform.  
He comes with a little yellow hat.

I had the four dolls for many months already but did not open them yet.  Now that I have a playroom, I decided to take them out of their box!   They are slightly too small for the playroom I had prepared for my Ai-doll.


The miniature sweets that Jennifer from PlushPussyCat sent me were the perfect size for them though.  

I think they are super cute and quite cheap so I didn't break my budget getting a few of them!  They came with adorable clothes that are easy to take off and put back on again.  Their garments are made the same way as most Licca's clothes (with the velcro closure in the back).

One thing I didn't like about them is that their movements are limited... but at least they are not as difficult to pose as Little Pullip, Little Dal and LPS Blythe!

Another aspect I didn't like is the hair.  They were awfully thin.  Aoi-chan had the worse doll hair ever!  It is crinkley and dry.  I tried washing her hair in warm water and then conditioned them but they still looked terrible!  

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • Easy to unbox
  • Easy to dress
  • Pretty clothes


Cons: 
  • Bad Hair
  • Limited movement options
  • Definitely bad hair!


Do you like them?  


I will write about them in more details in another post.  It's time to sleep now!  

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid or received gifts to write this or mention any stores or website. You may find a better store in your area.

22 comments:

  1. I think they're super cute, Jane Cherie! Their faces, clothes, and accessories are darling! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their cute face and clothes are the best points about them.

      Delete
  2. I think they are cute too, are the hair really that bad and off putting. I had to giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the hair was so bad I actually don't think I will buy another Licca's toddler doll.

      Delete
  3. Adorable little dolls, Jane! They have the cutest faces (especially Riku-kun). Jennifer's sweets are a perfect addition!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Riku-kun the best! I wished there were more boy toddler's doll to buy from that serie!

      Delete
  4. The dolls are definitly cute- I like them. And I think they have the perfect body for sweet little clothes :).
    It's a pity with the hair, but Aoi-chans hair are not looking so bad- don't worry:).

    Many greetings,
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much worse in reality. I like her sweet face but I just can't stand her hair! Thanks though :)

      Delete
  5. What a joy it is to meet another doll lover! You have inspired me to show my latest dolly finds on my blog too! I think your little ones are pretty sweet and for the price one cannot complain.

    I empathise also with the cold-ridden state you have slowly getting over. This February half-term has not been quite as wonderful as they usually are; the chldren have had bad colds which they are recovering from, fortunately but it left everyone more weary and, dare I add, grumpy than usual.

    How lucky we are to see the sun shining.

    Warm wishes from France,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! Please do show your dolls! I would love to see them! I am sure you have incredibly beautiful dolls because your have such a flawless taste in everything! Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh, I think they are adorable!!! I love their playroom. Sorry about the cold, but I'm happy you and your family are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danzel! I hope your place is warmer now! The winter is so dreadful this year.

      Delete
  7. I think they are cute, they remind me of another old fashioned doll from my youth..I can't remember the name...getting old ;P

    I remember looking on line about resetting /softening Barbie doll wigs, it said to use fabric softener and comb it through. Maybe that might work?

    warm thoughts for warm weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane for the advice! I usually avoid liquid softener because of the strong scent (I am sensitive to a lot of perfume!). But that is worth a try :D

      Delete
  8. Aww they're so cute!! They need a Blythe big sister :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THEM!!! So darling! ok, i'm noticing the comment above -- DO you have a Blythe doll in your collection??

    Ok, let's discuss your collection. You know what would be fun? Putting them all in a big pile and photographing the group! I'm so curious to see how many you have right now! Do you have a special display case for them? Or a bookcase or boxes? Also, when your daughter is big enough, are you going to let her play with any of them that she wants??

    As you can see, I am very filled with curiosity about how a doll collector keeps her dolls!! tee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have brilliant ideas as usual! I really should take a group photo! I don't have a Blythe doll unfortunately. Janice from BikBik and Roro customizes Blythe doll and she was asking me about it because I really like her dolls :D But to answer your questions, I should really write a long post LOL Will probably try to answer this summer!

      Delete
  10. Also, feel better! late winter/spring colds are so icky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I catch cold in the summer too... sigh. I am so fragile LOL

      Delete
  11. I am surprised how many types of dolls that are available. I do not know them. There are so many different and with so many accessories. How high are they? It is a very nice scene and it looks like a scene from a nursery.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wyrna, the Licca toddler dolls are about 3.5-4 inches tall. I need to make a photo with other dolls so people can see their size difference :)

      Delete