Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Byul-tiful Photo Contest

Dear Readers,

I bought a Byul doll a month ago.  I wanted to participate in the Byul-tiful Photo Contest organized by the Dal House Forum so I got myself a Byul Cocotte who is a doll collaboration with Angelic Pretty, the Lolita clothing brand.

Byul is made by the South Korean company Groove, the same company that creates Pullip and Taeyang dolls.  She is Dal's best friend.  Here below is a quick introduction to these dolls and their relationship to each other (from Wikipedia):

Pullip (풀잎) means "blade of grass/leaf" in Korean

Namu (나무, tree); he is Pullip's former boyfriend

Taeyang (태양, sun); he is Pullip's boyfriend

Dal (달, moon); she is Taeyang's younger sister

Byul (별, star); she is Dal's best friend

Isul (이슬, dew): he is Pullip's younger brother

Yeolume (열매, berry/fruit); she is Pullip's future daughter

Are you still following me? :)

Dal is my favorite doll but I had yet to purchase a Byul.  I love Lolita fashion so I decided to get Byul Cocotte.  I named her Delphine.

Here are my entries for the photo contest which spanned over 4 weeks.  We had to submit one picture each week according to a chosen theme, for a total of 4.

Week 1: Beautiful
"Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"
Since "Beautiful" is the first theme of the Photo Contest, I thought of the vain Evil Queen jealous of Snow White's beauty. Pullip Merl takes on the role of the Evil Queen and Byul Cocotte as Snow White.


Week 2 : Crush
The second theme for the Byul-tiful contest is "crush" so here is my take on it. Delphine has a crush on Isul so she wants to let him know. During class, she asks Yeolume to pass to Isul her love note.


Week 3 : Best Friend
The third theme for the Byul-tiful photo contest is "Best Friend".  Delphine's best friend is always there to lend a sympathetic ear to her stories.


Week 4 : Oh My!
"The awkward moment when you walk into somebody who just got out of the shower... "
The last theme is "Oh My". Byul has to be in a scene where she shows her trademark surprised expression.


It was a very fun contest and I learned a lot because the judges would post their critics of the pictures.  It was informative and I am thankful to the judges and organizers.  I am glad to have participated although I don't think I would win anything!

To view the other photos submitted in the Byul-tiful contest, you can go to the  Photo Contest Flickr Album HERE.

I hope I will be able to take better pictures of my dollies in the future :)

18 comments:

  1. The Byul doll is so pretty - what a gorgeous outfit! And the hair is amazing. My favourite photo is the "Oh my"-themed one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra! The outfit is really nice! Very detailed and the shoes are super cute!

      Delete
  2. Cocotte looks lovely! I really like the picture 'Best Friend' - she and the Dal doll look beautiful with their contrasting hair colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I love blue hair and purple hair dolls :D

      Delete
  3. She is too cute. I am glad you had fun entering another photo contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Photo contest can sometimes be very demanding but I am glad I participated! :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Danzel! Dal and Byul dolls are the cutest big-headed dolls to me!

      Delete
  5. Haha, just when you write, are you still following me, well, got a bit lost there =) But nice to get a good description of all the dolls! I'm just amazed how many different dolls there are out there!
    Good luck with the contest! You did great scenes and photos!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! It's still a learning process! But the advice I received are really good so it was a great opportunity to learn more!

      Delete
  6. I love your photos! Each of your scenes is carried out so beautifully. That last shower scene is so fun!!! Thanks for sharing everything here--very informative, interesting, and fun! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I enjoy taking photos of my dollies :)

      Delete
  7. love love love love! your photos are fantastic and tell such wonderful stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa!!! My photos are really not that good compared to the other participants though!

      Delete
  8. I love your photos! Every picture was carefully thought through, and I enjoy your color theme!
    And the relationships between all the characters were so informative; I didn't know all that until now. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! At first, I was confused with the doll family too but after looking at many of the different releases, I got to know them better (^_^)

      Delete
  9. Tes photos sont très jolies, j'ai un coup de coeur pour celle sur le thème "best friend". Delphine est adorable dans toutes ces différentes tenues ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci ma belle! Delphine porte facilement les mêmes vêtements que les poupées Licca, Blythe et ceux de Re-ment aussi!

      Delete